Saturday, September 5, 2026

The Iwákteteya Web (Lakota Nation Dream Catcher)

 





 

I rang the bell

Then knocked at the door

No one came in

So I let

Myself

Into

My room

 

And there

I found

The vast space

Where I became

Echo

Where I stayed quiet

Having seen

What I wanted to see

Having done what

I had

Hoped

 

So I locked

The door

To Keep

Myself

In

 

September 5, 2026

© Vahé A. Kazandjian, 2026

 

In the Native American Lakota legend, the circular web connotes the circle of life and catches only good dreams, visions, and ideas to enhance that circle for each person.  The Iwákteteya Web also catches bad dreams and evil forces and guides them away to pass through the center hole of the web and fade away.

Picture taken with an early 1960s Nikkor-Q Auto 20 cm telephoto lens on the same age Nikon F camera, using ASA 400 film.

As I looked through the viewfinder to frame the shot, the closeness of the balloons and the differences in size and shades made me think about the dream catcher, as the balloons quickly went to different altitudes, and the smaller one faded away.

The invisible web old lenses cannot catch.....

 

No comments:

Post a Comment