Wednesday, October 9, 2019

Let There Be Spaces in Your Togetherness, and Let the Winds of the Heavens Dance Between You (Khalil Gibran, Broken Wings)





I met angels
Before they knew
What they would become
When the sand is warm
And the evenings
Lonely

Broken wings
Broke for a journey
To where those
Who see angels
Believe
In themselves

And they carry
The names of those they loved
Like wings now too heavy
To fly back
And call these names
Again
One more time

I saw angels
Before they
Saw me
A paintbrush in my hand
Giving shape
To their aching wings
And a new
Name
To their loneliness

October 9, 2019
© Vahé A. Kazandjian, 2109

PS/ I found these angels on the grounds of an old cemetery in Prescott, Arizona.  There seemed to be no grave under them, although time has not been kind to the graves there.

No comments:

Post a Comment