Monday, August 19, 2019

They Left Without Fanfare






Grateful
I let in
On an unmoon night
The shadow of a wall

I had learned before
That the uninvited
Bring presents
I had received before

Grateful
I let them in
Sitting upon a crumbling wall
To hear about ancient seas and gulls

Eloquence
Is a narrow path
Where the truth is lost
In the travel dust

But I stayed there
To hear the wings
Of dark crows
Cut the morning light
And I let in
Grateful and without fear
The promise uninvited souls
Brought as present

Till the dust settled
And the path found its reason
To follow
And be lost around the bend

And then
When all roads
Came to an end
I stood upon that wall
And whispered

A name
A time
When promises
Were never shared

Just
Given
As presents
For being

Let in

August 19, 2019
© Vahé A. Kazandjian, 2019

No comments:

Post a Comment